Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wrap the spicy chicken mixture in lettuce or cabbage leaves to serve as appetizers.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Make Ahead | Prep: 11 minutes | Cook: 6 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 lb skinned and boned chicken thighs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- ¾ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp rice wine
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded napa cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Place diced onion in a 3 or 4qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken 2 – 3 minutes on each side in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove skillet from heat, and place chicken on top of onion in slow cooker.
- Whisk together hoisin sauce and next 4 ingredients, pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 hours.
- Shred chicken in cooker with a fork.
- Top each tortilla evenly with cabbage, chicken and green onions.
- Fold bottom edge of each tortilla in to hold filling, roll tortillas crosswise, and if desired, secure with toothpicks or in parchment paper.