Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Prep: 25 minutes | Cook: 5 hr, 15 min
- Makes 4 – 6 servings
- ¾ lb skinned and boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ lb skinned and boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14½ oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ lb fully cooked ham, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 2 (3½ oz) bags boil-in-bag rice
- 1 lb unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (like Frank's or Tabasco)
- Sprinkle chick with salt, black and red pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 4 – 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Add large chopped onion and next 3 ingredients to skillet; saute 4 minutes until tender.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, ham and broth to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp, and devein.
- Stir shrimp, cooked rice and remaining ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.