Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- From: Southern Living 2007 Slow Cooked Sides
- Prep: 20 min Cook: 8 hr, 30 min Stand: 8 hr
- Makes 12 cups.
Jalapeño pepper and Mexican-style stewed tomatoes spice up these black-eyed peas.
- 1 (16-oz) package dried black-eyed peas
- 4 green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (3-oz) package pepperoni slices, diced
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5-oz) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (Rotel)
- ¾ cup uncooked quick rice
- Place peas in a 5-qt slow cooker. Cover with water 2 inched above peas. Let stand 8 hours. Drain.
- Combine peas and next 8 ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until beans are tender. Stir in tomatoes and rice.
- Cover and cook on low 30 more minutes or until rice is tender.