Contributed by Delma at World Recipes Y-Group
- Yields 8 servings.
- 16 slices firm-textured, day old bread
- 1¾ cups milk
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Tear bread, with crusts, into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
- Place into crockpot.
- Pour milk over bread; let soak 30 minutes.
- Stir in dried fruit, nuts and apple.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- Stir well to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 3½ to 4 hours or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.