Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Delma at World Recipes Y-Group
- Yields 8 servings.
- 16 slices firm-textured, day old bread
- 1¾ cups milk
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Tear bread, with crusts, into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
- Place into crockpot.
- Pour milk over bread; let soak 30 minutes.
- Stir in dried fruit, nuts and apple.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- Stir well to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 3½ to 4 hours or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.