Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
We used plain shortbread cookies but you can use the variety with pecans if you'd like.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Sweet Endings
- Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 5 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (16 oz) packages frozen cut rhubarb
- 2 (14½ oz) cans pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped shortbread cookies
- Stir together sugar and flour in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Add rhubarb, cherries, and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Sprinkle each serving with coarsely chopped cookies.