Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve these sweet apples alone or over ice cream or pound cake
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Sweet Endings
- Prep: 16 minutes | Cook: 6 hr
- Makes 6 – 8 servings
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries (like Craisins)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a 4-qt slow cooker; toss well to coat.
- Add brown sugar and next 5 ingredients, combining well.
- Cover and cook on low 3 hours.
- Stir together water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stir into apples.
- Cover and cook on low 3 more hours or until apples are tender.