Serve these sweet apples alone or over ice cream or pound cake
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Sweet Endings
- Prep: 16 minutes | Cook: 6 hr
- Makes 6 – 8 servings
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries (like Craisins)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a 4-qt slow cooker; toss well to coat.
- Add brown sugar and next 5 ingredients, combining well.
- Cover and cook on low 3 hours.
- Stir together water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stir into apples.
- Cover and cook on low 3 more hours or until apples are tender.