Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Sweet Endings
- Prep: 13 minutes | Cook: 3 hr | Chill: 1 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 (1 lb) cinnamon-raisin bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- whipped cream (optional)
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in milk, cream, vanilla and butter.
- Add bread cubes and pecans, stirring gently just until bread is moistened.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Pour bread mixture into lightly greased 2½ qt soufflé dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup water into a 6-qt slow cooker; place a wire rack to fit cooker on bottom.
- Place souffle dish on rack.
- Cover and cook on high 3 hours or until a sharp knife comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.