This hearty southwestern stew is chunky with pork, sausage, and beans. Serve from the slow cooker directly over hot cooked rice, with cornbread or with corn tortillas, and accompany with celery and carrot sticks. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound boneless pork country-style ribs, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- ½ pound fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained ( optional )
- 1 x 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 x 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup beer (room temperature), or water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in 3 to 5 quart crockpot; mix gently.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 – 10 hours until pork is tender.