Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Make Ahead | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook 4 hr
- Makes 6 servings
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 2 lb)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (6-oz) packages uncooked long grain and wild rice mix (like Uncle Ben's)
- 2 (14-oz) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 (10¾-oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-oz) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp butter
- Brown chicken in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; remove from pan, and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to pan; saute 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Combine rice mix and remaining 6 ingredients in a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.