Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 lbs dry small white or pea beans
- 1 medium onion
- ¼ lb fat back salt pork; optional
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup molasses
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak beans overnight in gallon of water.
- Mix together onion (finely chopped), molasses, brown sugar, mustard, cloves, salt, and pork (cut in 1 inch cubes); and add to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add beans and water to cover.
- Set cooker on low and cook 10 – 12 hours, stirring once after first hour.
- If desired substitute 4 strips crumbled crisp bacon for salt pork.