Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My favorite beef stew
- Submitted by: angelgoddess3 - ECPR
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 3 carrots, cut lengthwise into halves, then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large potatoes, peel and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1½ cups chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- ¾ tsp. dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 pounds lean beef stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- ½ cup cold water
- Layer ingredients in crockpot in following order: carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, garlic, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, basil, pepper, beef, tomatoes with juice and broth.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove beef and vegetables to large serving bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Turn crockpot to high, cover.
- Stir water into flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add ½ cup cooking liquid, mix well.
- Stir flour mixture into crockpot.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour sauce over meat.