Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Make Ahead | Prep: 18 minutes | Cook: 12 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 (2-lb) beef briskets, trimmed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered
- 12 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 (1-oz) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (14-oz) can low-sodium beef broth
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Beau Monde seasoning
- 8 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add beef; cook 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer beef to a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Add carrot and next 5 ingredients.
- Whisk together soup mix and next 6 ingredients.
- Pour mixture evenly over beef.
- Cover and cook on low 12 hours or until tender.
- Transfer beef to a serving platter.
- Pour remaining vegetable mixture through a wire-mesh strainer, reserving juices, carrot, and onion.
- Discard remaining vegetable mixture.
- Serve beef and vegetables with juices.
- Garnish, if desired.