Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Delicious banana bread prepared in a crockpot.
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- ½ cup raisins or chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- In mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugar; add eggs and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed banana
- Stir in raisins or chopped dates and chopped pecans, if using.
- Grease a 4-cup can and pour batter in it.
- Cover top of can with 6 to 8 layers of paper towel; and place on rack in cooker.
- Cover crockpot and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours (or until bread is done).