Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe's 12 hour cook time allows you the flexibility to go to work, come home, fire up the grill, and entertain guests-the beans will be done just in time for dinner to be served.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Slow Cooked Sides
- Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 12 hr | Stand: 1 hr
- Makes 9 servings
- 1 (20-oz) package dried Cajun 15-bean soup mix (like Hurst's HamBeen's Cajun 15-bean soup mix)
- 1 (12-oz) package diced cooked ham (like Hormel Diced Cooked Ham)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (18-oz) bottle of hickory smoke BBQ sauce (like KC Masterpiece Hickory BBQ sauce)
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper (cayenne)
- Reserve spice packet in soup mix for other uses.
- Place beans in a large glass bowl; add water 2 inches above beans.
- Microwave on high 15 minutes; cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain.
- Combine beans, ham, broth, and onion in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Combine BBQ sauce and remaining 4 ingredients, stir into bean mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 12 hours or until beans are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.