Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Family Favorite
- Prep: 21 min
- Cook: 4 hr or 8 hr
- Makes 12 cups
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes (about 3¾ lbs)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 3 (14-oz) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic
- ¼ cup butter
- 2½ tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 oz) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream (optional)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours or on low 8 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened.
- Stir in whipping cream, cheese and chives.
- Top with sour cream if desired and sprinkle with bacon and cheddar cheese before serving.
Reduce the fat in this soup by using fat free half-and-half along with reduced fat cheese and sour cream.