Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Persian Lamb stew sends wonderful flavors your way - not spicy - just a nice blend of flavors. A meal in one pot. Serve with a salad on the side and crusty rolls to scoop up the last of the sauce
- 1½ lbs lean boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 ounces) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 8 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut int ½ inch slices
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the lamb with about half of the saltand pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heatand 2 tbs of oil brown the lamb and transfer the lamb, when browned, to a 3½ quart crockpot.
- Saute the onions in the last tbs of oil until they are transluccent 3 – 5 minutes add the garlicand oregano, cook and stir approximately 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and simmer, smashing the tomatoes as you stir.
- Pour approximately half of the tomatoes over the lamb in the crockpot.
- Place potatoes in a layer on top of the tomatoes and season with saltand pepper.
- Add a layer of green beans, then the eggplant and zucchini.
- Season each layer lightly with saltand pepper to your taste.
- Pour remaining tomatoes on top.
- Add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until the lamb is tender.
- Remove bay leavesand serve.