Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4.
- 1 chicken; or cut up 
- 2 carrots; sliced thinly
- 2 medium onions; sliced thinly
- 2 celery stalks; chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 16 oz chicken broth; or use bouillon in 2 cups water
- 1 tsp basil; crushed
- 2½ tbsp Italian seasonings mixture
- In a slow cooker, put in half of the chicken broth.
- Place half of the carrots, celery and onions in the bottom.
- Place the chicken (back side down)in the slow cooker.
- Add remaining broth, vegetables, salt and pepper, basil and Italian seasonings (if used).
- Cook on low heat for 7 10 hours.
- ↑ Make sure it will fit in your crock pot.