Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Come into the Kitchen
- Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound dry white beans
- 2 quarts water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ham hock or ham bone, or ¼ pound diced salt pork
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Soak beans in water overnight and drain.
- If salt pork is used, sauté it in a skillet until browned, adding onion and garlic during the last few minutes, or sautéing onion and garlic in oil.
- Add to crock cooker along with beans, water and all other ingredients except vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low setting 10 to 12 hours.
- At serving time, stir in vinegar, mash beans slightly and add salt and pepper to taste.