Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 1 panful
- ½ lb sweet cream butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ cups flour
- ¾ cup finely ground walnuts (optional)
- 4 Egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 cups raspberry preserves (can substitute with strawberry or boysenberry)
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts (approx.)
- Cream butter, 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add egg yolk and salt.
- Add flour gradually and mix.with fork or hand
- Pat dough into thin layer in 12 x 12 inch pan.
- Spread preserves over dough
- Whip eggs whites until stiff
- Slowly add 1 cup sugar to egg whites until thick and shiny (meringue)
- Fold in 3/4 cup finely ground nuts.
- Spread egg mix evenly over preserves
- Sprinkle with remainder finely chopped nuts
- Bake at 350°F about 35– 45 minutes.(watch topping nuts for darkness or burning. Should be nice light brown)
- When warm, cut into squares.