- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 small parsnip, peeled
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small low- to medium-starch potato, such as red bliss or white creamer (do not use russets)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 2 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Half-fill medium saucepan with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cut vegetables into ¼-inch slices.
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Blanch vegetables until barely fork tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon to medium bowl. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Toss vegetables with oil, cornmeal and sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Arrange vegetables in single layer on prepared sheet.
- Broil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve warm.