Rice Crisps Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup rice crisps (such as "Rice Krispies")
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Mix the peanut butter, powdered sugar, rice crisps, and melted butter.
- Roll into 12 balls and place on waxed paper until all mixture is used.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together.
- Dip balls into chocolate mixture and once more set onto wax paper to harden.