Use leftover rice and colourful vegetables to make these attractive balls.
- Courtesy of Tarla Dalal
- Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes | Cooking Time : 15 to 20 minutes
- Makes 20 balls
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped spinach (palak)
- ½ cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls in hot oil till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.