Cook Time: About 80 minutes total
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-2 teaspoons orange peel
- 3 cups oat circles (such as Cheerios, crushed to 1½ cups
- 2½ to 3 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a shallow dish, combine egg, orange juice, and orange peel.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then roll in cereal to coat.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with margarine.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes until meat is no longer pink.
- Oat Circles Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe