Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: n. a.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are transformed from boring to spectacular using just a few simple ingredients. I suggest doubling the dipping mixture, as the base recipe falls just short of being able to coat a full pound of chicken breasts (I discovered this through personal experience and thus have adjusted my measurements). Have a nice barbecue sauce on hand for dipping!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp prepared mustard (i use French's yellow, but feel free to use Dijon or whatever you have in the house)
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed finely
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, honey and mustard.
- In a medium bowl, add the crushed cornflakes and toss with the pepper.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then roll in the corn flakes until covered.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked all the way through and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve with your favorite low fat dipping sauce (optional); a plain barbecue sauce (not anything super spicy) works the best but if you like other kinds of dipping sauces, feel free to use those, too.