Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: n. a.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are transformed from boring to spectacular using just a few simple ingredients. I suggest doubling the dipping mixture, as the base recipe falls just short of being able to coat a full pound of chicken breasts (I discovered this through personal experience and thus have adjusted my measurements). Have a nice barbecue sauce on hand for dipping!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp prepared mustard (i use French's yellow, but feel free to use Dijon or whatever you have in the house)
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed finely
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, honey and mustard.
- In a medium bowl, add the crushed cornflakes and toss with the pepper.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then roll in the corn flakes until covered.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked all the way through and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve with your favorite low fat dipping sauce (optional); a plain barbecue sauce (not anything super spicy) works the best but if you like other kinds of dipping sauces, feel free to use those, too.