Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Crispy Gingerbread Cookies from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 40 minutes | Prep time: 15 minutes baking
- Serves: 65
- ⅔ cup (~160g) packed light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (~160g) molasses
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon (½ tablespoon) baking soda
- ⅔ cup (~160g) butter
- 1 egg
- 4 cups (1 quart) flour
- Put sugar, molasses, spices and salt into large saucepan.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Add the baking soda and butter and stir until butter melts.
- Quickly stir in egg, and then add flour. Mix well.
- Chill for several hours until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Roll out until thin on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook for about 15 minutes at 325°F (170°C) and cool on racks.
- Cookies can be decorated with Royal Icing.