- in medium bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, Sugar, baking powder and salt.
- with pastry blender or fork, cut in 2 t shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In small bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Add to dry mixture; mix well.
- Pat frankfurters dry with paper towels.
- Dip franks into batter with tongs, being careful to coat all sides.
- Let excess batter drip off.
- Drop 1 or 2 at a time into hot oil in mini-fryer.
- Fry until golden, about 1 minute on each side.
- Insert wooden skewer in end of each.
- Serve hot, with mustard, if desired.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.