Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about 4½ cups.
- 2 large egg whites
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons paprika (preferably Hungarian sweet )
- 1½ teaspoons cayenne
- 1½ cups whole blanched almonds (about ½ pound)
- 1½ cups hazelnuts (about ½ pound)
- 1½ cups pecans (about ½ pound)
- ¾ Stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat whites with salt until very foamy and gradually beat in sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and cayenne.
- Stir in nuts and butter, combining well, and spread in a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake Nuts in middle of oven, stirring every 10 minutes, until crisp and golden, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Spread nuts on a sheet of foil and cool.
- Break up nut clusters.
- Nuts may be made 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
- ↑ Available at specialty foods shops and many supermarkets