- 2 California avocados, finely diced
- 2 Cups Cooked lobster meat, coarsely chopped*
- 3 Tbsp Finely chopped sun-dried tomato (packed in olive oil)
- 3 Tbsp Finely chopped shallot
- 1 ½ tsp Finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- As needed olive oil
- Recipe follows Dipping Sauce
- For garnish, optional lime slices
- For garnish, optional cilantro sprigs
Gently fold together avocado and next 7 ingredients; reserve. Brush edges of 1 egg roll wrapper with egg. Put a scant 1/3 cup filling 1 inch down the edge of the wrapper. Fold in sides; brush sides with egg. Roll. Seal tightly. Refrigerate on a parchment-lined sheet pan dusted with cornstarch, covered, for at least 45 minutes. Rolls can be made up to 8 hours ahead of service.
In a blender, combine 4 ounces peeled and seeded, and coarsely chopped Roma tomatoes, 3/4 cup chopped cilantro, 2/3 cup rice vinegar, 2/3 cup soy sauce, 2/3 cup fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic, and 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped, fresh ginger; puree. With machine running, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil. Reserve.
- Roughly chopped, poached sea Scallops can be substituted for lobster meat.