- 10 rashers rindless back bacon
- 250 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 large sweet onion
- vinaigrette dressing
- Parmesan shavings
- Grill or fry bacon until crisp and golden, then chop coarsely into bite-sized pieces and drain, if necessary, on absorbent paper.
- Set aside.
- Arrange salad leaves on a large platter or individual plates.
- Slice onion very thinly and arrange on top of salad leaves.
- Sprinkle crisp bacon over.
- To serve, drizzle your favourite vinaigrette dressing over and scatter Parmesan shavings on top.