- 1 Pound California avocado, diced
- 2 Cups Coarsely chopped cooked lobster meat*
- 3 Tbsp Finely chopped sun-dried tomato (packed in olive oil)
- 3 Tbsp Finely chopped shallot
- 1 ½ Tbsp Finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- olive oil - as needed
- Dipping sauce - Recipe follows
- lime slices - for garnish, optional
- cilantro sprigs - for garnish, optional
- *Coarsely chopped, poached sea Scallops can be substituted for lobster meat.
Gently fold together avocado and next 7 ingredients; reserve.
Refrigerate on a parchment-lined sheet pan dusted with cornstarch, covered, for at least 45 minutes. Rolls can be made up to 8 hours ahead of service.
In a blender, combine 4 ounces peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped Roma tomatoes, 3/4 cup chopped cilantro, 2/3 cup rice vinegar, 2/3 cup soy sauce, 2/3 cup fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic and 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger; puree. With machine running, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil. Reserve. Yield: 3 Cups.