Crimean Cup a la Wyndham from How to Mix Drinks by Jerry Thomas—original source of recipe, out of copyright.
- Serves: 5
- rind of ½ an orange, thinly peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- one large wine glass of maraschino
- ½ a wine glass of cognac
- ½ a wine glass of Curaçao
- 2 bottles soda water
- 1 bottle champagne
- ½ pound ice (optional)
- Put the orange rind and sugar in a bowl.
- Macerate with a ladle for one minute.
- Then, add the maraschino, cognac and curacao.
- Mix well together.
- Next, pour in the soda water and champagne, working it up and down with the punch ladle.