Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Crimean Cup, a la Marmora from How to Mix Drinks by Jerry Thomas—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- Serves: 30
- 1 quart orgeat syrup
- 1 pint cognac
- ½ do. Maraschino
- ½ do. Jamaican rum
- 2 bottles chilled champagne
- 2 do. soda water
- 6 ounces sugar
- 4 medium lemons
- Thinly peel the lemons, then place the rind in a bowl with the sugar; soak them well for a minute or two in order to extract the flavor from the lemon.
- Next, squeeze the juice of two lemons into the bowl, add two bottles of soda water and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in the orgeat syrup and whip the mixture well with a whisk, in order to whiten the composition.
- Then, add the cognac, rum and maraschino and strain everything into a punch bowl.
- Add the champagne just before serving.
- While adding the champagne, stir the mixture well with a ladle—this will render the cup creamy and mellow.