Farmers' Market Recipes by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Agricultural Resources, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- ½ cup onion (½ medium), chopped
- ½ clove garlic, minced or a dash of garlic powder
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅛ cup chopped parsley (optional)
- ⅛ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In pan, cook onion, garlic, and green pepper in oil until soft.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat until zucchini is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley if desired.