Contributed Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Crisco
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup milk
- 3½ cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon each of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Beat eggs, sugar, butter until light, beating whites separately.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, folding in whites last.
- Turn into a greased and floured a square or loaf cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Serve while still warm and garnish with whipped cream.