Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a quick, flavorful sauce everybody can enjoy on eggs and meat. Makes 2 cups.
Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institutes, public domain government resource—original source of recipe Cook Time: About 45 minutes
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 1 or 2 frying peppers ( 1 bell pepper) cleaned and sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 can (15 oz) tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in a bit of water
- Fry onion and peppers in oil until onion is clear and pepper is spotted with brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, sugar, and vinegar.
- Bring to boiling, turn down to simmer.
- Cover and cook at least 20 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Thicken just before serving with cornstarch dissolved in a little water.