Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen cut okra, thawed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash ground red pepper
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add okra, onion and green pepper to skillet; cook until tender crisp.
- Stir in rice, broth, black pepper and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fluff lightly.
- Replace lid; allow to stand about 10 minutes.