Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source : Zatarain Recipe Card
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Zatarain's Creole mustard or spicy brown mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds catfish fillets
- 1 x 12 oz package of Zatarain's Crispy Southern Seasoned Fish-Fri or Zatarain's Seasoned Fish-Fri
- ground black pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- Mix milk, mustard and lemon juice until well blended.
- Pour oil into deep heavy saucepan, filling no more than ⅓ full.
- Heat on medium heat to 375°F.
- Dip fish into mustard mixture, then coat with fish-fri.
- Carefully add to hot oil, a few pieces at a time.
- Fry 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining fish.
- Sprinkle with pepper before serving.
- Serve with pepper sauce if desired.