Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source : Zatarain Recipe Card
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Zatarain's Creole mustard or spicy brown mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds catfish fillets
- 1 x 12 oz package of Zatarain's Crispy Southern Seasoned Fish-Fri or Zatarain's Seasoned Fish-Fri
- ground black pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- Mix milk, mustard and lemon juice until well blended.
- Pour oil into deep heavy saucepan, filling no more than ⅓ full.
- Heat on medium heat to 375°F.
- Dip fish into mustard mixture, then coat with fish-fri.
- Carefully add to hot oil, a few pieces at a time.
- Fry 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining fish.
- Sprinkle with pepper before serving.
- Serve with pepper sauce if desired.