Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings
- 1 pound smoked pork sausage or ham, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 x 28-ounce can tomatoes
- 2½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound peeled, de-veined raw shrimp
- Cook sausage in large skillet about 5 minutes. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons pan drippings.
- Add green peppers, onion and garlic; cook until tender.
- Blend in flour; brown slowly, stirring often.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme and pepper. Return to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 10 minutes longer. Fluff with fork.