Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Day Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ pound fresh snap beans
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 5 new potatoes soaked in water with a little soda then scraped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine all ingredients in a small stew pan then cover with a tight fitting lid and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook 15 minutes longer.