Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 16 ounce can tomatoes
- 8 egg yolks + 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Beat eggs well.
- Oil loaf pan well on the bottom and sides.
- Pour in beaten eggs then set in a pan of hot water up the sides about 2 inches.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Cut cooked eggs into small squares.
- In 10 inch skillet over medium heat add melted butter.
- Cook onion, pepper, garlic, salt, rosemary and paprika for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and eggs then simmer gently covered for 10 minutes.
- Spoon egg mixture over rice or mashed potatoes and sprinkle on fresh grated black pepper.