Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1½ cups bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon tabasco
- 1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Broil or grill catfish fillets—over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes per side, or until flesh flakes with fork.
- Allow fillets to cool.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the flour.
- Stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, while the roux bubbles.
- Add the milk slowly, continuing to stir until the cream sauce is thick, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and mustard, mixing well.
- Flake the catfish fillets into a bowl.
- Add the cream sauce and the remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Use the mixture immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Using a large spoon, make cakes with the fix mixture and coat them completely with more fresh breadcrumbs.
- Using a heavy skillet, sauté the patties gently in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter, until they are browned.
- Keep warm while you continue cooking the cakes, adding more oil and butter as needed.