Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs flour (8 cups) 900g
- 1 tsp salt 5ml
- 1/2 cup shortening or cooking oil (1/4 lb) 112g
- 2 tsps yeast 10ml
- 2 tblsps Sugar or honey 30ml
- 1-1/2 cup milk (coconut, evaporated, or dried milk) 375ml
- Read the recipe carefully and know what is required
Wash hands. Collect all equipment and ingredients.
- Set yeast. In 1/2 cup warm water use 2 tsps yeast, 2 tsps Sugar, 2 tblsps flour (opitonal)-set aside. (If instant yeast is used omit step 2, then add yeast to dry ingredients).
- Warm milk, fat, Sugar, and salt-Set Aside. (Do Not Boil). Sift flour, make a hole in the centre-remove 2 cups flour to add later (if sticky).
- Mix yeast and warm milk. Add milk mixture to flour. Mix with wooden spoon.
- If sticky, add flour from the 2 cups to make firm.
- flour table-knead until smooth without stretching dough.
- Put in greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth until double is size. Punch down-knead again. Make into six round balls.
- Put on greased pan-let rise again, bake 400 F/205 C for 30–35 minutes.
- TIP: If dough becomes sticky-don't panic. Add flour until dough becomes firm to knead.