Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 to 12 servings.
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet mild onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, divided
- 1 (6½ ounce) container garlic and herbs spreadable cheese
- 2 (14 ounce) cans roasted garlic seasoned chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups water, additional if desired
- 8 slices pre-cooked ready-to-serve smoked bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large non-stick stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion; cook about 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Let mixture cool slightly.
- In food processor or blender, combine mushroom mixture, 1½ cups rice, cheese and 1 cup broth.
- Pulse mixture until mushrooms are finely chopped but not pureed and mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Return mixture to stockpot; stir in remaining rice, broth and water.
- Bring to a boil; cook uncovered over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Heat bacon slices between paper towels in microwave according to package directions.
- Chop bacon and set aside.
- Add salt and pepper to soup to taste.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with bacon.