Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sudanese Caramel Custard which Yields 1-quart mold.
- Beat 8 eggs with 1 quart milk and half cup of Sugar until mixture is frothy.
- Add 1oz butter melted and 1 tbs. vanilla (orbanana extract if available) in a 1 1/2 quart (6 cup) star shaped aluminum cake pan.
- Melt 1/2 cup Sugar and burn to caramel stage.
- Rotate the pan to spread caramel all around the sides.
- Beat the egg mixture again.
- Pour it quickly into the cake pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil which has been well buttered on the under side.
- Place the pan in a larger pan half filled with water (as you would do a custard).
- Bake at 350' for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and test with a silver knife (when it comes out clean, custard is done).
- Chill until thoroughly cold.
- Turn the CARAMELA out onto a 10 to 12-inch platter.
- Garnish with MARASCHINO or Candied cherries on top and sides.