- 2 cup water
- 18 oz skinned chicken breast halve
- 1 large carrot, scraped, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1¼ cups flour, divided
- ¼ tsp dried tarragon
- 1¾ cups skim milk, divided
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup dry white wine (or chablis)
- ½ cup frozen English peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 x eggs
- Combine water, chicken, carrot, and sliced onion in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth; cool.
- Bone chicken, and cut meat into 1" pieces.
- Set aside.
- Strain broth, saving ¾ cup.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over med-hi heat until hot.
- Add chopped onion, and saute until tender.
- Gradually add ¼ cup flour and tarragon, stirring well.
- Gradually stir in ¾ cup skim milk, yogurt, wine, and reserved ¾ cup chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in peas, pimento, and reserved chicken.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine remaining 1 cup flour and salt, stirring well.
- Add eggs and remaining 1 cup skim milk; beat with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Spoon mixture evenly into six 6-oz custard cups that have been coated with PAM.
- Place 4" apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 °F for 45-50 minutes or till golden brown.
- Break open each popover.
- Spoon ½ cup chicken mixture over each popover.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: 276 calories, 25.4 g protein, 3.9 g fat, 33.1 g carbohydrates, 133 g cholesterol, 2.2 mg iron, 236 mg sodium, 162 mg calcium