- 1 large Spanish Onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 large portabello Mushrooms
- 1/4 lb chantarelle Mushrooms
- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6-8 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces light cream
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
2. Slice all of the Mushrooms together and set aside 1/2 cup for garnish.
4. Add the stock; bring to a boil.
6. Puree in blender, return to pot.
9. Add the Mushrooms to the soup and stir well.