- On low heat, cook the tapioca in 4 – 6 cups of water.
- Start with 4 cups of water and add more water if needed.
- The cooked tapioca should be thick and bubbly, but not too thick.
- Some tapiocas will cook more quickly than others.
- At minimum, it should take at least 20 minutes.
- In a bowl on the side, mix the powdered milk with 1 cup of water.
- Add to the tapioca on the stove.
- Also add the cardamom, saffron and sugar (I prefer the pudding to be sweet, so I use 1 full cup of sugar. If you prefer a pudding that is less sweet us only ¾ cup)
- Put the eggs in a bowl.
- Gradually add to it 1 cup of the hot tapioca mixture.
- Return all of the egg mixture to the cooking pot.
- Cook until nearly bubbly, but do not boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Pour the tapioca pudding into a bowl.
- Cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a film from forming (the plastic wrap should actually touch the surface of the pudding).
- Put in the refrigerator until well chilled.
- Serve. Delicious!