- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
- 4 cups onion and potato stock
- 2 bunches spinach (palak)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100 g fresh cream
- 1½ tbsp corn flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- For making the stock, cut 2 onions and 2 potatoes into large cubes.
- Then pressure cook in four cups of water and once done, strain the water and reserve as stock.
- Wash and grind the spinach to a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a pan heat butter, add the chopped onion and sauté till they turn soft.
- Now add the spinach paste, sauté till it turns soft, then add the salt, pepper, stock and boil for a while.
- Take off the soup from the heat, strain it and keep on the gas again.
- Mix the corn flour with the milk and add to the soup.
- Simmer for few minutes then serve hot decorated with swirls of fresh cream.