- Wash prawns thoroughly. Heat 5 cups of water in a medium saucepan and add prawns. Bring to a boil and lower heat. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Strain liquid and reserve. Shell and devein prawns. Chop the onion finely. Peel and chop carrot roughly. Crush garlic and chop deveined prawns finely.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter. Add the onion, carrot and garlic and fry on medium flame for 3 minutes. Add prawn stock, basil, Chicken cube, salt, and tomato puree.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from flame and blend in batches in a mix until smooth. Return to flame.
- In a bowl, mix flour and 1/3 cup water into a smooth paste. Add to soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and allow soup to thicken.
- Lower heat and stir in cream and half the prawns. Heat gently for 5 minutes without allowing the soup to boil. Serve hot garnished with remaining prawns.
See also Edit
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.