- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes about two servings
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- about 2 cups mushrooms, chopped (I recommend portobellos, but any mushrooms will work fine)
- about 1 cup fresh basil
- Rest of can of broth (~½ – 1 cup)
- In a small saucepan, bring broth or water to a boil. Slowly whisk in cornmeal with salt and pepper until smooth. Cover and heat on low about 20 minutes or until creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, sauté garlic in a large skillet. Add some chopped basil and vegetables. Saute until soft and fragrant. Add broth and reduce sauce.
- Serve ragout over polenta and garnish with remainder of chopped basil.